My name is Dan Lacey, I’m 32, from Nottinghamshire (England) and now live in Papamoa Beach (New Zealand) with my beautiful fiancée, our superstar little boy and our pup. You can read about why I moved to New Zealand on a whim here.
I used to run a digital marketing agency in Manchester (England) for five years. Our team worked with small to medium sized businesses, on projects which usually focused on building a brilliant new website and increasing the client’s online visibility and sales.
I have contracted for the biggest textile company in the UK to develop and promote their R&D projects and portfolio in Europe. I also co-founded a tech startup company based on the idea of storing family memories online.
More recently I lived in Auckland for 2 years where I was in charge of marketing for one of the biggest natural health companies in New Zealand. Subsequently, natural health and clean living have become a real passion of mine.
My professional qualifications and memberships include:
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Computing
- Professional Diploma in Marketing
- Member (MCIM) of Chartered Institute of Marketing
Some of my achievements and interests outside of work include;
- Went from no idea how to play poker, to University champion & casino tournament winner within a year
- Completed the Leicester marathon with a severe iliotibial band injury (required months of physiotherapy to fix)
- Coached American football to 16-19 year olds in Manchester for a tough but very enjoyable season
- Travelled around a large portion of Europe, including; Hungary, Latvia, Sweden and Belgium